- Gift Certificate
- My Account
- Contact Us
SPA Manager assistant position
Summerhill Spa is small, urban, eco-friendly day spa located in Yorkville, Toronto. In operation since 2004, the spa activities have grown steadily since its opening even in a very difficult economic climate. Providing excellent services at very reasonnable prices, we specialise in couple and single female services. With a staff of 8 to 10 full time aestheticians and full time / contracted RMTs, we are seeking a full time Spa Manager assistant to help running the actual operation as well as expanding our services to a new location.
The individual will work from our new downtown office located near Queen street at Worplace One and will have frequent visits and activities to the existing Spa location located at 154 Cumberland Street and later on to the newly created Spa location. Reporting directly to the Spa President and Manager, you will interact with a multidiscipline team located in Montreal and Toronto to perform a set of activities described below.
Passionate about the Spa Industry, self driven and autonomous,you have a key interest for eco-friendly spa products and all matters in relation to sustainability and green living. By bringing your energy and your passion to our organiziation, you will assist in creating a new experience for our guests at Summerhill Spa while conitnuing to grow the curent operations.
Committed, organized with strong multi-tasking skills, you wish to become a Spa manager in the next 3 years running an operation of 10 to 15 employees then this position might be of interest to you.
Main Mission and Objectives
- Provide day to day assistance to the President and Spa Manager for running the Spa Operations.
- Manage Customer Relationship in close collaboration with the Spa Manager (Answer the phone, Book Appointments, Respond to Email queries, plan private events).
- Manage online orders, shipping process and documentation in relation to product management.
- Participate and Manage the implementation of new procedures and system (advanced online booking, CRM systems, scripting Standard Operating Procedure).
- Research, analyze and contact new potential suppliers for the implementation of new Spa Services (Organic and Eco-Friendly Spa products, new technologies, new potential services).
- Participate actively to the renovation of the existing Spa as well as the creation of a new location in the area of Toronto (leasing research, financial assessment etc.).
- Collaborate with the holding company to the creation of sales and marketing events (Sales segment analysis, product definition and implementation, advertising campaign).
- Participate to the management of the website (update content, newsletters, social networking)
- Participate in the design of the Spa location and furniture with the Design Team located in Montreal.
- Assist in the training of the Staff for the implementation of new line of services of products
- Assist in the management of regulatory and statutory requests (Health Care, City of Toronto, etc..)
Autonomy - Initiative
- Large autonomy in the research of new suppliers, retail location, etc ...
- Limited autonomy on financial commitment
Area of delegation
- No delegation
- Report to the President of the company and the Management holding
- Can delegate booking activities to the Spa concierge once the size of the company justifies it.
- Medium complexity. Individual must perform multiple tasks during normal operations
Staff Management - Coordination
- Will manage a staff of one or 2 people in the near term (12 - 16 months) in relation to the Spa Concierge activities and Spa retail and online sales.
Spa Qualifications and Experience required
- 3 to 5 years experience as an aethetician with track record of client retention.
- Have performed a complete range of aesthetician services (Facial, manicure, pedicure, massage therapy, microdermabrasion, etc..).
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Oral).
- Successfully managed a small Spa operation in the past and have been exposed to the legislative and statutory requirement of a Spa in Ontario.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Very organized with excellent leadership skills.
- Passion for Organic and Eco-Friendly Spa product and services Passion
Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Aesthetician for a recognized institute in Canada.
- Received a Spa Management certification.
- Receive some specialities certification (Hot Stone massage, Micordermabrasion, laser Therapy, product training certification etc.).
- Excellent technology skills (Internet, Social Media, Mobile phone), some knowledge of HTML language a plus.
- Knowledge of Mac OS X platform (iWork, Mail, etc). Some knowledge of Adobe CS4 a plus.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and CV by replysing to this ad or apply on line at http://summerhillspa.com/job-posting-summerhill-spa
Please note that only candidate selected for Interviews will be contacted
Many thanks for your time